Gainesville Real Estate

Gainesville, Georgia

Established as “Mule Camp Springs” near the crossing of two Indian trails followed by settlers in the 1800s, the City of Gainesville has maintained and built upon its historical legacy as a regional transportation and trade center for almost two centuries.

Less than three years after the creation of Hall County, the village of Mule Camp Springs was chosen to serve as the site of government for the new county and was chartered by the Georgia Legislature on November 30, 1821.

At the suggestion of Justice John Vance Cotter, it was given the name “Gainesville” in honor of General Edmund P. Gaines, a hero of the War of 1812 and a noted military surveyor and road-builder. Gainesville has been a part of the nation’s governmental framework longer than 26 of the 50 states.

For more information about Gainesville, Georgia Visit Website